Move to Joensuu
Move to Joensuu
Stop spinning your wheels and move to Joensuu!
Joensuu is the capital of Northern Karelia. Located by Lake Saimaa and the peaks of Koli, it truly is the diamond of Eastern Finland. Life in this university town is youthfully active, as every third person you meet is under 30. In Joensuu, you’ll find beautiful nature, excellent schools and nurseries, and thriving businesses, but we are best known for our relaxed and unassuming attitude.
It’s easy to breathe in Joensuu!
Life in Joensuu is so wonderful that you would be bonkers not to move here. That’s why we want to make moving as simple as possible. For those moving here for work, our very own Moving Agent is there to make your life easier and to advise you in any questions regarding housing or employment for your spouse.
The Moving Agent can offer you free advice on the following questions:
- Where can I find work?
- What can I study in Joensuu?
- Where can I live?
- What can you do in Joensuu?
We put together essential information about Joensuu for those thinking about moving here. On these pages, you can find the basics on various topics, and if you can’t find what you’re looking for, we’re happy to get you all the information you need.
- Why Joensuu? – What makes Joensuu unique?
- Moving Agent – How does the town support movers?
- Work & Entrepreneurship – What kind of opportunities can you find in Joensuu?
- Studies – What can you study here?
- Services – What kind of schools and nurseries, and sports and culture services do we have?
- Residential Areas – What area of Joensuu would suit me best?
Do you have any other questions? Get in touch for the advice you need.
Above all – you are most welcome to join us happy and silly Joensuu people. So, stop ruminating and move here!